As you might have noticed, Nicereply has a simple yet powerful way to integrate with virtually any helpdesk system. Let’s see how it works with free open-source helpdesk system OTRS.org.
Since the best way to wrap your head around it is by providing an example, let’s say we run a hypothetical company that cares about their customers, uses OTRS.org and wants to use Nicereply for getting customer feedback on it’s agents.
- Our company is called Fat Cat, ltd.
- We have two user agents, John Garfield and Betty Kitty.
- We already have installed OTRS.org (https://yourdomain.com/otrs)
- We’ve already signed up for Nicereply and created accounts for both our agents.
Setting up Nicereply
First we have to edit user IDs of our agents to match those at our OTRS. We do this by copying the Last name of agent from OTRS (admin -> username) to field ‘Username’ at Nicereply profile in Settings -> Edit Person. We repeat this with Betty Kitty.
Next, we have to activate the Ticket Link feature (Settings -> Ticket link) to link every rating to a ticket at the OTRS. We put our OTRS ticket URL into “Ticket system URL” field, in this case https://yourdomain.com/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketZoom&TicketID=<TICKET_ID>.
Setting up OTRS
Now comes the OTRS part. There are more ways to achieve the rating link to appear in your support emails. We’ll do it by editing the Responses (admin->responses) or signatures of each agent. (admin->signatures)
Good thing for us, OTRS.org provides a nice way to add variables to responses or signatures. This means it’s quite easy for us to construct a proper and working rating link. The only thing we have to do is add this text to the body of responses or signatures.
Please, rate my reply here:
And that’s it!
We have now successfully connected Nicereply and OTRS.org. Your customers will now be able to rate your helpdesk emails and you’ll have the ability to easily evaluate performance of your helpdesk team AND see which ticket each rating relates to.
Other thing: We’d love to hear what other helpdesk systems you are using and want to connect with nicereply.com
Integrating Nicereply - other posts
- How to make Nicereply work with almost any helpdesk system
- How to integrate Nicereply with Zendesk
- How to make Nicereply work with free open-source OTRS.org
- How to make Nicereply work with TeamSupport
- Making Nicereply work with Mojo Helpdesk
- How to integrate Nicereply with Desk.com
- Integrating Nicereply with Request Tracker
- Integrating Nicereply with HelpMaster
- How to integrate Nicereply with Live Agent
- How to integrate Nicereply with Kayako Fusion
- Integrating Nicereply with Freshdesk